Treating Children with Oriental Medicine: Healing with Sho-Ni-Shin
June 6 & 7 | 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | 15 CEU and 15 NCCAOM PDAs Hours | ACCHS - 1600 Broadway, Oakland, CA
This comprehensive course covers the treatment of children from newborn to 10 years of age. It will greatly benefit practitioners who wish to add various Oriental techniques into their existing pediatric practice and those who have never worked with children before.
The course is tailored for immediate results in clinical practice and includes
- Recognizing how treating children differs from treating adults.
- In-depth diagnosing through visual and palpation skills.
- Presentation of Dr. Miki Shima's sho-ni-shin method, tools, and general treatment.
- In-class demonstration of sho-ni-shin and practice time with each other.
- Acupuncture points, sho-ni-shin and herbal medicine prescriptions for acute upper respiratory and digestive disorders in children, which form the core of a pediatric practice.
- Treating and managing chronic illnesses.
- Tips on how to administer herbs to children as well as dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
- Observation of children being treated by Soma.